Já baixou seu e-book “Fluente para Sempre” com dicas NINJA pra dar uma turbinada no seu inglês ainda hoje? Clique abaixo e bons estudos!
Hoje vamos aprender (e revisar) 35 adjetivos compostos em inglês para você dar aquela turbinada ainda hoje, all right?
1. second-hand – de segunda mão. Have you ever bought a second-hand car? Did you have any problems with it?
2. long-term – de longo prazo. Do you think it’s possible for people to maintain a long-term relationship if they are living in different towns or countries?
3. last-minute – de última hora. Do you usually do a lot of last-minute reviewing the night before a test?
4. duty-free – sem impostos. Do you sometimes buy things in the duty-free shop#when you travel by plane? What kinds of things do you buy?
5. homemade – caseiro, feito em casa. I prefer homemade food to restaurant meals.
6. air-conditioned – que tem ar condicionado. In the summer do you spend much time in air-conditioned buildings or cars? Do you consider it a necessity or luxury?
7. part-time – de meio-período. Would you like to have a part-time job,.i.e., only work a few hours a day?
8. narrow-minded – de cabeça fechada. Do you think as people get older they tend to get more narrow-minded and intolerant?
9. well-behaved – bem comportado. Do you think children should be asked to leave restaurants if they are not reasonably well-behaved?
10. easygoing – despreocupado, tranquilo. I’m always relaxed around my best friend because she’s so easygoing.
11. nearsighted – míope. Matt’s a little nearsighted, so he has to wear glasses.
12. high-heeled – de salto alto. I’m not used to high$heeled shoes, so I’m going to buy some-flat-ones.
13. kind-hearted – generoso, de coração bom. My grandfather’s the most kind-hearted and generous person I know.
14. handmade – feito à mão, artesanal. We bought a handmade tablecloth while we were in Portugal.
15. first-class – de primeira classe. My company’s paying, so I got a first-class ticket.
16. blue-eyed – de olho azul. Agnetha is a typical Swede – blonde and blue-eyed.
17. absentminded – distraído. I’ve never met anyone as absentminded as-Sam. He’s always forgetting things!
18. left-handed – canhoto. Some people have to use special scissors because they’re left-handed.
19. mass-produced – produzido em massa. I’d rather have bought an original painting for the living room than one of those mass-produced prints.
20. old-fashioned – antigo, atrasado. She’s very old-fashioned in her outlook.
21. densely-populated – altamente populoso. Mexico City is one of the most densely-populated cities in the world.
22. strong-willed – teimoso, determinado. She’s very strong-willed and if she’s decided to drop out of school, nothing will stop her.
23. middle-aged – de meia idade. The room was full of middle-aged people trying to find new love.
24. good-looking – bonito. I think that good-looking guy over there is looking at you.
25. long-lasting – duradouro. They had a long-lasting friendship for more than 30 years.
26. record-breaking – que quebra recordes. Company profits are rising and it looks as though this is going to be a record-breaking year.
27. never-ending – eterno, sem fim. Writing a dictionary seems to be a never-ending task.
28. mouth-watering – que dá água na boca. Food Network has a variety of programs showing mouth-watering desserts.
29. a four-foot table – uma mesa de quatro pés
30. a two-story house – um sobrado
31. a three-year course – um curso de três anos
32. a sixty-page book – um livro de sessenta páginas
33. a two-day trip – uma viagem de dois dias
34. a two-faced hypocrite – um hipócrita de duas caras
35. a three-hour movie – um filme de três horas